What is Center Space?
Center Space provides a place for residents within a community to regularly come together for connection, partnership, and the sharing of resources.
- Healthy Food Space:
- Certified Farmers Market – fresh and healthy food sources such as produce, fruits, vegetables, etc.
- Hot Food Vendors– food for people to enjoy brunch or lunch at the park together.
- Lunch Space – A community area where residents can congregate for lunch.
- Sports & Fitness Space – Weekly Zumba (dance fitness); Soccer Clinics; monthly exercise clinics.
- Health & Wellness Space – Weekly yoga classes for children and adults offering stress-management techniques; monthly/quarterly health and dental clinics.
- Growth & Learning Space – Nutrition classes; career development workshops.
- Information & Resource Space – Community calendar; organization info; public service info. Opportunities to give feedback about your community.
- Arts & Entertainment Space – Lunch time music, open mic, performances, and announcements.
- Projects & Activities Space – Opportunities to sign up for community tree plantings, community garden building, trash clean ups, neighborhood walks, etc.
**Center Space is a project of the Catalyst Network of Communities, a 501c3 non-profit social impact organization. Collaborating partners on the organizing team include Long Beach Time Exchange, T’s Space, Leap Frog Yoga, The Narra Project, Team Zumba USA, Shift Long Beach, and the Greener Good Farmers Market.** Click here to Meet the Team!
**Center Space will have its first location in West Long Beach every Saturday from 9:00am to 2:00pm at Admiral Kidd Park, Long Beach, CA 90810.**
Residents of West Long Beach have a rich cultural history and diversity of ethnic cuisine that can be seen as a valuable community asset. However, the local community lacks major grocery store outlets that offer healthy food sources for residents. This means West Long Beach may be considered a “food desert.” Our certified Farmer’s Market, The Greener Good, will provide fresh produce and goods weekly in collaboration with Center Space.