Sports & Fitness Space Schedule
Scroll down to see descriptions for each sports & fitness activity.
ZUMBA Schedule – Every Saturday at 10:15 am – 11:00 am
Oct. 27th – Zumba Fitness!
1. Zumba - Zumba® Fitness – When participants see a Zumba class in action, they can’t wait to give it a try. Zumba classes feature exotic rhythms set to high-energy Latin and international beats. Before participants know it, they’re getting fit and their energy levels are soaring! There’s no other fitness class like a Zumba Fitness-Party. It’s easy to do, effective and totally exhilarating, often building a deep-rooted community among returning students.
2. Zumba Gold - Zumba Gold® – Zumba Gold targets the largest growing segment of the population: baby boomers. It takes the Zumba formula and modifies the moves and pacing to suit the needs of the active older participant, as well as those just starting their journey to a fit and healthy lifestyle. What stays the same are all the elements the Zumba Fitness-Party is known for: the zesty Latin music, like salsa, merengue, cumbia and reggaeton; the exhilarating, easy-to-follow moves; and the invigorating, party-like atmosphere. Active older adults want camaraderie, excitement and fitness as a regular part of their weekly schedule. Zumba Gold is the perfect fit. It’s a dance-fitness class that feels friendly, and most of all, fun.
3. Zumba Toning - Zumba® Toning – When it comes to body sculpting, Zumba Toning raises the bar (or rather, the toning stick). It combines targeted body-sculpting exercises and high-energy cardio work with Latin-infused Zumba moves to create a calorie-torching, strength-training dance fitness-party. Students learn how to use lightweight, maraca-like Toning Sticks to enhance rhythm and tone all their target zones, including arms, abs, glutes and thighs. Zumba Toning is the perfect way for enthusiasts to sculpt their bodies naturally while having a total blast.
4. Zumbatomic - Zumbatomic® – Designed exclusively for kids (ages 4-12), Zumbatomic classes are rockin’, high-energy fitness-parties packed with specially choreographed, kid-friendly routines and all the music kids love, like hip-hop, reggaeton, cumbia and more. Parents love Zumbatomic because of the effects it has on kids, increasing their focus and self-confidence, boosting metabolism and enhancing coordination. Zumbatomic rounds out family fitness goals by giving parents a great reason to head to the gym – for themselves, for their kids, for a totally fun family experience.
5. Zumbathon - It is an elevated and extended version of the usual 45 minute class. Usually it lasts about 2 hours and is led by at least 4 instructors with varying lengths of instruction and styles. It is open to students and instructors alike. It is basically a marathon zumba class for 90 minutes or more.
6. Qignition’s Dance Format - QiDANCE, the new phenomenon in pre-choreographed group fitness, is an energizing workout that makes you feel as fantastic as it will make you look.
Start your journey around the world’s hottest rhythms by opening your body to change, freedom and fun. Your instructor will choose a musical tour for you to explore a universe of cultures and traditions. There are many Qiformances to choose from, so the class is always interesting and challenging. Every Qiformance you learn will become part of your repertoire, so in short time you accumulate experience that makes you glide through the class like an expert. Welcome to a world of dance, fun and fitness that boosts your energy for days.
7. Qignitions’ QiForze - QiFORZE is a motivating muscular strength and endurance program that targets every major muscle group with unique Foundation Movement Patterns and no equipment.
Move as your body was meant to move in a fast-paced, time-efficient workout that rocks to hit quality music. Use the natural resistance of gravity to become stronger, more powerful and more coordinated, in less time than you ever imagined. QiFORZE is modern, integrated functional strength training at its finest.
8. Qignition’s QiStryke - QiSTRYKE ignites the fighter within, with a structured and crisp workout that challenges every participant with moves from the major disciplines of the martial arts, to increase speed and reflexes, instill self confidence and achieve total body control. QiSTRYKE keeps the energy crackling with original, high-intensity world music to kick, punch and jab your way to a more powerful you!
9. Qignition’s QiNaia - QiNAIA is where east meets west and power meets grace.
Ancient and modern movements inspired from the worlds of dance, Tai Chi, Yoga and Pilates are woven together to create a dynamic flow that builds into a full body workout incorporating strength, flexibility and balance.
This 55-minute class is choreographed to original music and seamlessly connects every movement to the unique soundtrack, focusing the energy, achieving calmness and strengthening mind and body.
10. Turbo Kick – Burn calories and blast fat! Turbo Kick® mixes kickboxing and simple dance moves with music that makes you want to move it! You’ll love having fun and losing weight. It won’t even seem like you’re working out. Each Volume includes 2 full-body workouts that help you lose inches and get the body you’ve always dreamed about.
The unique Turbo Kick® movement patterns, combinations and techniques work together to give YOU the ultimate cardiovascular workout that will melt fat and reshape your body! Each full body workout consists of a sport specific warm-up, higher paced intervals, easy to follow combinations, kickboxing specific strength/endurance training and a mind/body like cool-down designed to maximize weight loss! No equipment is necessary, so there are no extra expenses.
Most Boot camp classes are one hour, and each class includes 25 to 30 minutes of interval cardiovascular routines and 25-30 minutes of strength training using free weights and other equipment. The floor work focuses on a different major muscle group each day allowing clients to develop a targeted program, or to attend Monday through Friday for an ideal well-balanced workout routine (see below for weekly schedule). Instructors will vary the workouts from two 30 minute segments one day to four 15 minute segments another and even multiple short segments moving the class from treadmill to the floor every 5 minutes. The idea is to continually “shock” the body as research demonstrates that it is the most efficient and effective way to improve your cardiovascular system, lose weight and build muscle. The endless variety of exercises and instructor styles insures that no two classes are the same, and that every class feels new and exciting.
|Monday||Arms & Abs|
|Tuesday||Legs & Butt|
|Wednesday||Chest & Abs|
|Thursday||Shoulders & Back|
|Friday- Sunday||Full Body|