Center Space is a civic anchor that creates spaces for residents within the West Long Beach Community to regularly come together for connection, partnership, and the sharing of resources.
Short Term Goals
Our short-term goals include:
- Residents have a civic anchor to connect and engage with their community.
- Community organizations, businesses, and civic leaders have a space to interact with residents.
- More oxygen and food producing trees and gardens.
- Residents have improved access to healthy food choices through a certified farmers market.
- Residents have fitness opportunities.
- Residents have access to on-site medical health screenings.
- Residents have a creative outlet through the arts & entertainment spaces.
Long Term Goals
Our long-term goals include:
- Vibrant sense of community.
- Improved air quality.
- Healthier food sources.
- Healthier residents.
- An infrastructure created for residents, community groups, students, businesses, city departments, and civic leaders to productively collaborate.